Friday, 18 October 2013

Hey Paul. How about it?

Whilst trawling though the Hatcher archives a month or two ago I discovered this complete masterpiece of a cartoon by my friend Sarah Keeble (alongside the 'Hi Honey, I'm home!' jokes by me, Sarah and her husband Dan previously posted here). This cartoon is again from late 1993, twenty years ago now. Sarah told me that she drew the cartoon as I was being particularly annoying at the time and her recollections are in complete accordance with my own. I was drawing non-too-flattering cartoons of all our friends in a pretty uncomplimentary and really rather rude manner (all thankfully lost now). This produced this biting and fully deserved response from Sarah. I clearly recall the moment she placed this particular gem in my hands as I sat staring at it in mild disbelief whilst time stood still for a second or two of forever. Sarah then tried to get it back off of me concerned that she had over stepped the mark, but I refused to hand it over as I thought it was a work of complete outstanding genius. I obviously kept hold of it, such was my admiration for her acute observation and refined cartooning skills. The cartoon is a very accurate representation of the truth from back in 1993. I have to admit that I was indeed a completely desperate 23-year-old nincompoop with absolutely no idea what was going on.

The final panel never actually occurred in real life, unfortunately.

















The cartoon is rather out of date now and things have changed, slightly. I'm now a 43-year-old nincompoop with absolutely no idea what is going on.


The final panel never actually occurred in real life, fortunately.


No comments:

Post a Comment